Assure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://assure.forumotion.com

R Payne aligner patient Empty Re: R Payne aligner patient

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:58 am
might be worth doing Chewies three rimes a day for 5 minutes.... just wondering if it will aid seating as that what attachments are for and then it gets a spell of maximum retention shall we say to deliver movement

Also make sure she is nt using toothpaste in them - the oils in the toothpaste alter the plastic / as well as the abrasives scratching them

Ian
Nessavery

R Payne aligner patient Empty R Payne aligner patient

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:54 am
Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I have given her chewies to use for 1hr before bed, should I ask her to do them more often? I have ordered replacement trays so she can wear them for another week.
Any alert bells ringing straight away as to why this is happening? Is it just the patient's physiology? (she is in her late 50s)

Thank you so much!!

Ness

Admin wrote:Hmmm might be worth her using chewies to make sure the aligners are seating fully.  The holes suggest she is wearing them the required amount of time  - may be go for ten days wear of each aligner.

Do you have the models for each aligner?

Ian
Admin
Admin
https://assure.forumotion.com

R Payne aligner patient Empty Re: R Payne aligner patient

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:56 am
Hmmm might be worth her using chewies to make sure the aligners are seating fully. The holes suggest she is wearing them the required amount of time - may be go for ten days wear of each aligner.

Do you have the models for each aligner?

Ian
Nessavery

R Payne aligner patient Empty R Payne aligner patient

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:54 pm
Hello, this is my first time posting here, so please let me know if there is something I've done wrong/need to do differently.

I'm really struggling with this patient, as she seems to stop tracking after a while.
Her trays fit nicely to start with, but by week 8 the trays wouldn't fit at all.
I've resubmitted for additional aligners, and now at week 12 there are teeth not tracking quite as well.
Any advice? The patient is VERY anxious and needs a lot of reassurance, she swears that she is wearing the trays as prescribed (minimum 22 hours daily for 8 days a week), and when I advised to wear the trays for a bit longer (14-15 days), there are wear holes after 10 days and she finds them very uncomfortable.
I've attached photos of the last appointment and the last scan done.
To add to the problem, I am unfortunately on annual leave and not able to go to the practice to see this patient.

Any advice would be VERY welcome.

Thank you!!

R Payne aligner patient 7b9fa011
R Payne aligner patient 6631b711
R Payne aligner patient F5b70911
R Payne aligner patient Bbba5310
R Payne aligner patient 14332710
R Payne aligner patient 3925ae10
R Payne aligner patient C4a74510
R Payne aligner patient Itero311
R Payne aligner patient Itero210
R Payne aligner patient Itero110